Rumson, New Jersey

I ordered a $26 item in August and from September forward Northstyle charged $14.95 to my account. The claim is that I signed up for a VIP Plus account that I was supposed to cancel after 30 days if I no longer wanted it.

I never sign up for these programs so something devious is going on here. I called and a very nice young man tried to help. He said he would cancel my VIP program (that I never wanted). I insisted that I get my money back.

He finally relented and said they would refund 3 months.

I have no idea if this will happen. If they do not, my bank said that they will investigate.

Reason of review: VIP program deception.

Comments

Glendale, California, United States #1014647

Who in the daylights would pay $15 a month for having a company treat you decently?

Altavista, Virginia, United States #947464

I am having almost the identical problem as the previous poster. I ordered an item; it did not fit my needs and I returned it.

Beginning in December, a $14.95 recurring payment started showing up. I contacted them, because I didn't even have an account number to go by. I got a voice mail saying that someone would be in touch within 24 hours. Didn't happen.

After only 1 purchase, I didn't set up an account- I purchased as a one-time guest. To give credit where credit due, I did receive a prompt refund for the jacket I returned, but their customer service is "F" in my book because I have not been able to resolve the recurring payment issue.