2.8K views

I purchased clothing from Northstyle.com and was directed to their VIP membership where I would get 10% of purchases and free shipping. This never happened because of the hoops you have to jump through.

You have to register as a member and you don't get the discount then, but on your next purchase as long as you jump through all their hoops. Then after a few weeks I had a $14.95 charge on my credit card from PGI Northstyle VIP. When I called the business, they said it was for monthly membership fees because I didn't cancel my membership before 30 days.

This is such a scam. Don't do it!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of northstyle membership and associated monetary loss in the amount of $15. Northstyle needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned northstyle membership in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Northstyle. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: Talbots or Coldwater Creek.

Comments

I too have found NorthStyle to be less than honest. I paid for a "Rush" shipping of $4.95 only to find out that "Rush" only means the order is picked before other orders and shipped at regular shipping which still took 2 weeks.

Customer Service was discourteous and non-caring. They only told me what "Rush" meant.

The website does not explain the differences between the shipping choices. I won't buy from them again.

The same thing has happened to me. Don't deal with this company!!

I was charged $12.95 without my consent or knowledge...called to have this charge taken off and she cancelled the vip membership and said I would get a refund of this charge..I waited nine days and nothing was done.. I called back and got a customer service *** from hell..she said I would have to wait until the next billing cycle of the next month.. I told her I would let the bank take care of this and hung up..the next morning the charge was taken off..WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!

I love my Northstyle VIP membership. I receive checks without issue. When I asked a question why one was denied I was told and they were correct -- I was wrong.

My first check was $94.

I *love* this and recommend it to my friends

I am in the same situation. Made my second call today to get out of this absurd fraud.

Talked to Mary who wouldn’t give her last name nor the name of her supervisor. She did give me a reference number and agreed to delete the two charges.

If this doesn’t work I will notify my credit card company not to pay anything to this company and I will no longer give them any business. Shoddy business practice!

I used VIP. I had zero problems, I was able to apply for the rebate online in my jammies.

Then I got the check ($210.00) after about 3 weeks. I was super surprised and excited to see that the discount works at so many stores where I already shop. I love this.

It's well worth it for me. Also, it was really clear to me that they would be charging every month until I cancel.

$15 a year would be too much, and they want $15 every month??? Crazy! Thanks for the warning!

Absecon, New Jersey, United States #1351115

Please cancel my membership for VIP and refund the 10% which was promised on my first order.

Olympia, Washington, United States #1297394

Yes I had the same problem, they said I signed up for a 10% cash refund and free shipping and would be billed a monthly fee of $14.95 for a Northstyle VIP account. I quickly cancelled this membership and hopefully will get my billed refund back of $14.95. Guess we should read the fine print more carefully.

Littleton, Colorado, United States #1252801

Agree wholeheartedly!! Ridiculous.

I ended up with $44.85 in charges as well. What a scam they are running -- and obviously there are many others in this same boat who did not want this "service" - it is all over the Internet, so they know they are getting a bad reputation from it!

Scotts Valley, California, United States #1225104

Absolutely agree. You have to go through a paper mail rebate process to get refunded on shipping charges, rather than just automatically getting free shipping. It's ridiculous compared to other companies.

Canby, Oregon, United States #1208350

The exact same thing happened to me. I complained, but

Northstyle continues to bill me $14.95 a month.

I was assured by customer service that I would be

reimbursed for these VIP charges, but it never happened.

This company needs to be reported to the Better Business

Bureau for fraud.

Bedford, Massachusetts, United States #1202418

Just discovered this has been happening to me monthly also.

DO NOT USE NORTHSTYLE!

I love it....

You pay 14.95 a month and get back up to $1000 plus $500 in shipping or return shipping...per year!

Do the math its well worth it!! All u do is submit receipts you get from 100's of stores you shop in every day!!

I was getting a $75/200 check every month til i reached the maximum!!!!

Well worth it!! Free money!!

to Anonymous Aylett, Virginia, United States #1331174

So how long have you worked at Northstyle ?

to Hotflashn Cary, North Carolina, United States #1339875

I just got s 32.00 check today to cover my last shipping and the 10% cash back. I did have to send receipts and it took a few weeks.

But it did pay me back you just have to work for it it's not automatic which would be better. And no I don't work for them.

I'm in same situation. I sent email 10 days ago and received response that a support ticket had been opened and someone would respond as soon as possible, but that hasn't happened and I have s feeling it never will.

This is on my credit card so I'm going to write to the credit card service to refuse this. I'm crazy mad and will keep fighting this