Most helpful review

VIP Club Membership Fee

I purchased clothing from Northstyle.com and was directed to their VIP membership where I would get 10% of purchases and free shipping. This never happened because of the hoops you have to jump through. You have to register as a member and you don't get the discount then, but on your next purchase as long as you jump through all their hoops. Then after a few weeks I had a $14.95 charge on my credit card from PGI Northstyle VIP. When I called the business, they said it was for monthly membership fees because I didn't cancel my membership before 30 days. This is such a scam. Don't do it!!
#2085883

Their website has been down for at least a week. There's something I want but I'm afraid to order since they may be going out of business (they must have spent a lot on their latest catalogue though)!

#2085921
@PissedConsumer2085883

I’m wondering what has happened to Northstyle also. I buy from them a couple of times a year, love their clothes but never joined their membership.

But WOW! the bad reviews are pouring in and their website is offline?!? Their last 2 catalogs have had so many beautiful clothes so I don’t understand the craziness.

I was ready to drop some $$, but forget it. So disappointed, what happened?

#2086095
@PissedConsumer2085921

I've been waiting to order also. I have 3 items I want to order.

Everytime I get online there website is down for maintenance.

I called to see if I could order by phone but they couldn't guarantee all my items would be available. What the ***

#2061319

Same thing happened to me NEVER will I purchase another thing from this company. If you are considering DON’T DO IT!!!!!

#2045663

I have been a member of this club for several years and love it. You submit your paper and online receipts from most stores and they send you 5% cash back in a check.

I submit ll my purchases from Costco, Vons, Ralphs, CVS (yes, prescriptions!) Verizon (yes, my new $1200 iPhone, and I got 5% back), Home Depot, Target, Walmart, Zulily, Sephora, Ulta, PetCo, Coach, Macy's, Rite-Aid, etc. There are over a thousand different stores, and you can look up the store on their site to see if it is eligible. If you spend more than $300 per month at stores, this is well worth the $14.95 monthly charge. (The first month is free too) I tell all my friends about this, although most of them roll their eyes at me.

I signed my sister up and pay her monthly fee so she can get the rebates because she is struggling financially. My husband shops at Costco for business supplies so we make back the $14.95 really quickly. By the way, I do NOT work for this company in any way. I felt scammed at first into signing up because I called to complain that they sent me a email discount for what I ordered the day after I ordered it.

Their solution was to sign me up for this "discount" club. I was mad, and resolved to cancel it before the 30 days after I had received the rebate. BUT then I discovered I can get all this money back on everything else, and it almost seems too good to be true. You just take a picture of the receipt, fill out the form, and send an email with the picture attached.

Or, you forward a copy of your email order receipt. Seriously! I feel badly for them that so many people think this is a scam and don't realize how much money they could be saving. I don't know why they do it, other than perhaps to study spending habits and sell data, but I don't care who sees what I buy, and if I did, I wouldn't upload that receipt.

Lol. Anyway, please know that this is a legitimate discount service and not a scam.

P.S. There is a $1,000 limit on the cash back, but I only hit that once when we had a lot of business purchases.

#2038703

This is not a VIP service AT ALL. Complete SCAM. DO NOT DO IT!

#2038372

I had the same thing happen but I do t know who to call!’ Do you have a number?

#2031601

I TOTALLY AGREE!! This is a scam if I ever saw one.

I will NEVER order from them again.

I have called TWICE they say they will refund and yet nothing and now again a new charge! This is thievery!

#2028913

Same here...I liked their clothing, but I will never buy again. I had no clue I was going to be charged.

#2017492

Poor customer service
Loss
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Do not even order from

Update by user Oct 10, 2022

I cancelled order..

Original review posted by user Oct 10, 2022
I wanted to buy 4 items from Northstyle. There was a screw up on my card. Thank you. When I called to straighten out. They tried to sell me something I did not want to purchase. Which is unusual. So I cancelled my order. I do not deal with people selling me something on the phone I did not want.

User's recommendation: Buy somewhere else.

Resolved
ID
Cons
  • Difficult to deal with
Preferred solution
No contact from them. No catalogs ever!

What a waste of time

I placed my order 08/31 and when I still had not received notice that the order had shipped by 09/12 I called the customer service number to find out why. The rep said she would check on my order and came back to say she had arranged for expedited processing. I still...
Longmont, Colorado

Horrible Service

Ordered a coat for over 100.00. No free shipping $15.99, most companies for over $100 free shipping. Have to return a small because you can fit two of me in it. Was asked if I would like a larger size??? I was told it would cost $10.95 to return it and would take up to 6 weeks to receive my credit to my card that they took the funds from IMMEDIATELY at the time of order. I should have known better then to order from them. I had a problem with them several years ago and thought I would give them another chance. Not sure how they stay in business.

User's recommendation: Order from someone else.

ID
Cons
  • Not a good company to work with
Preferred solution
Take me off of your mailing list to save trees. Refund me IMMEDIATELY. And in the future larger orders should not have shipping and return fees

Complaint